Identify and investigate issues involving numerical data collected from primary and secondary sources(ACMSP169)
LO: To identify the properties of the Cartesian coordinate system
- What an Cartesian plane is.
- I can add integers.
Advantages of Primary Data
- Surveys are generally easy to do. All you need to do is ask.
- Usually based on unbiased information (if asking the questions correctly)
- Data straight from the source
Disadvantages of Primary Data
- Could be time consuming
- The data still needs to be interpreted
- Methodology could be flawed. Eg.) Sampling could lead to different than “real world” results.
Advantages of Secondary Data
- Quickly find data that you don’t have to survey yourself.
- Saves money so you don’t have to spend, money, time energy and effort to collect data again.
- Spend more time analyzing the data than collecting it.
- Can look at data over a long period of time.
- Can get data from specialized personnel. (People who are paid to collect data)
Disadvantages of Secondary Data
- Data might not be reliable, since you didn’t do the survey yourself.
- No control over who was surveyed.
- Serious-ness of the data is lost.
- Need to analyze the data yourself.
- Data could also be flawed