Count by quarters halves and thirds, including with mixed numerals. Locate and represent these fractions on a number line (ACMNA078)
LO: To count by quarters, halves and thirds and locate them on a number line.
- the structure of a fraction
- what a numerator in a fraction represents
- what a denominator in a fraction represents
- that fractions have individual values.
- Even number – Even number = Answer is an always even number
- Odd number – even number = Answer is always an odd number
- I can locate quarters, halves and thirds on a number line.
Numerator is the top number of a fraction, it represents how many pieces out of the whole.
Denominator is the bottom number of a fraction and it represents how many pieces the whole piece contains.
Number lines are sequential in order. 2 follows 1 and 8 follows 7.
Number lines go 1/3, 2/3, 3/3, 4/3, 5/3 or 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4