Investigate and Use Square Roots and Perfect Squares (ACMNA150)
LO: To identify perfect squares and square roots
- What a square root is
- What a perfect square is
- What factors and multiples are
- Multiplication facts
- Square numbers are numbers that can form a perfect square shape
- Square root is the opposite of finding the square of a number
- I can identify square numbers
- I can find square roots of square numbers
Examples (Visual Representations)
Perfect squares from 1 to 30
Square roots of whole numbers.
Perfect squares are numbers which can complete a square shape without having any extra pieces left over.
Square root is the exact opposite of perfect squares. They usually look like a check mark √ with a line on top. Square roots are 2 identical numbers when multiplied together forms a number.
For example, 8 x 8 = 64, so the square root of 64 is 8.
Square Numbers and Square Root Videos
pg. 15 Ch 1.2 Q1C4,2col1,3col2,4C3,6,7C4,8,10,13C2,15. Extension: 17,19.
Big Ideas 7
1F pg. 24
My Maths 7
Pg 39 Q.13 – 19
What are perfect cubes?