Given coordinates, plot points on the Cartesian plane, and find coordinates for a given point (ACMNA178)
LO: To identify the coordinates of a point on the Cartesian plane and to plot a given coordinate on the Cartesian plane.
- What an Cartesian plane is
- Numbers moving from left to right increase in order
- Numbers moving from right to left decrease in order
- Numbers moving upwards increase in order
- Numbers moving downwards decrease in order
- That points have co-ordinates
- Co-ordinates tell us the location of the point on the Cartesian Plane
- I can locate a point on a Cartesian Plane
Co-Ordinates (Ordered Pair)
One phrase to help you remember co-ordinates or ordered pairs is:
“Along the corridor, then up the stairs”
2 across and 8 up!
2 across, and 3 up! (2,3)