LO: To calculate the perimeter and area of rectangles.
- the definition of perimeter and area
- the properties of a rectangle
- the units of measurement used in calculating the perimeter and area
- the properties of a rectangle and the calculation of the area and perimeter of the properties.
- I can calculate the perimeter and area of rectangles.
Area and Perimeter Definition
Area is the amount of space that the inside of an object takes up.
Perimeter is the total length (distance) of the outside of an object.
Another way of finding the area of a rectangle is using an array. An array means using rows and columns then adding it all up. If each row has 18 squares, if we have 6 rows, we would then go 6 x 18 which is 108 squares in total.
Area and Perimeter of Rectangles Videos